Project bags are essential for keeping your tools and materials organized when working on a new piece, especially between crafting sessions.
This hand-dyed Washi Paper Project Bag is an elegant, stylish solution to the inevitable messiness of life and the creation process.
It contains eight inner pockets in various sizes and a useful card-ring for knitting.
Washi paper is an extremely versatile material made from the pulp of Japanese mulberry bushes that is used in fields as disparate as ink painting and construction. The bag is extremely durable, made of a thick washi paper reminiscent of canvas cloth. As it is used, the bag softens and creases in a charming way unique to washi paper.
The paper is manufactured in Ichikawamisato, Yamanashi Prefecture—an area renowned for washi paper production for over 1000 years—and hand-dyed by artisans in Kyoto using traditional Japanese pigments.
The bag is elegant and versatile enough to be used at the office, around the home or at the workstation while adding a timeless Japanese flair to any space.
<Inside of the bag>
Eight inner pockets in various sizes and a useful card-ring for knitting.
The card-ring opens and closes. It is easy to put in and take out yarn in the middle of your project.
The card-ring can be used as a key holder.
The bag softens and creases in a charming way unique to washi paper, as it is used.
Washi Paper Project Bag / Onao Paper × Washi Kogei
Producing Regions : Yamanashi × Kyoto
【Onao Paper : Ichikawamisato Town, Yamanashi 】
Ichikawamisato Town, Yamanashi Prefecture, where Japanese paper has been produced for 1000 years.
Mr. Dainao, a Japanese paper maker, is planning and developing durable paper that can be used for interiors and miscellaneous goods by actively incorporating new technologies into the tradition there.
【 Washi Kogei : Kyoto City, Kyoto 】
Washi Kogei is a Japanese paper dyeing maker in Uzumasa, Kyoto.
They manufacture traditional Japanese prints and Yuzen papers.
※All measurements are for reference. Please note in advance that the actual dimensions and weight of the product may slightly vary.
- The more you use it, the more wrinkles peculiar to Japanese paper will appear. Please enjoy it as a unique texture.
- You can adjust the shape to your preference by hands.
- If you bend it too strong, the part will get creases and wrinkles.
- Discoloration and color transfer may occur due to moisture, sweat or friction.
- The color may fade or stain if you scratch or rub hard.
- If it gets wet, it may discolor and stain.
- Do not wash.
- It may be deformed if it is brought close to an iron or a hot object.
- When storing sharp objects, the Japanese paper may tear. Be sure to cover the scissors and ripper, and use the cutter and pen with the blade and tip closed.
- If you roughly open and close the snap button, it may be damaged.
- The leather tag is made of genuine leather so might stretch a little. Getting wet with water or sweat may cause the color to fade or stain.
- It is a material that does not easily remove dirt. Please handle with care.
- The card ring may be hard when opening and closing, so be careful not to get injured.
- Keep out of reach of infants.