These exquisite Banshu sewing shears are known for their exceptional sharpness and stability. Comes in a leather case with gilt tassels and a traditional Banshu cloth.
Banshu region at the heart of Hyogo Prefecture has history of 250 years for manufacturing cutlery. The smiths of the region’s Tanaka Maister Co. have been handcrafting high-quality blades since 1955. Known for their exceptional sharpness and stability, Banshu blades are easy to sharpen, maintaining their original edge. Each set of sewing sheers displays the elegance of traditional beauty of lacquerware, but color is not typical. Smooth fitting and easy to use, the special pink lacquer handles are as functional as they are beautiful.
The SAKURA pink cloth that wraps the scissors is from the same Banshu region as the sewing scissors.
Polishing work in the production process
Handles made using casting techniques initially have fine bumps on the surface. Each of them is polished by craftsmen’s hands.
In order to apply lacquer nicely, the unevenness of the hard steel needs to be scraped away and the surface patiently smoothed by hand. There are individual differences in each piece, but please enjoy them as a texture that shows the craftsmanship.
Hyogo × Aichi
Banshu Sewing Shears｜Tanaka Maister Co. / Ono City, Hyogo
In Banshu region at the heart of Hyogo Prefecture the smiths of the region’s Tanaka Maister Co. have been handcrafting high-quality blades since 1955. Known for their exceptional sharpness and stability, Banshu blades are easy to sharpen, maintaining their original edge.
Lacquer Works｜Ehara Lacquer Works / Nagoya City, Aichi
Lacquer factory founded in 1970 in Nagoya City, Aichi Prefecture. They mainly make lacquer items and Buddhist altars for temples and households. In recent years, they have been producing various lacquered works other than traditional Buddhist altars.
※All measurements are for reference. Please note in advance that the actual dimensions and weight of the product may slightly vary.
- Please handle with care as the cutting edge is sharp.
- If the scissors get wet, wipe them off to prevent rust.
- If you forcibly cut a hard object, the blade will not mesh properly and it may damage the blade.
- Dropping or giving a shock may cause damage.
- To prevent the blade from rusting, lightly wipe the blade with a cloth containing oil after use and store it in a case.
- This product is for thread cloth only. Do not use for anything other than thread cloth.
- Since the case is made of genuine leather, it may expand and contract slightly. If it gets wet with water or sweat, it may cause discoloration stains.
- If you are concerned about oil or fingerprints on the lacquer part, gently wipe it off with the attached cloth.
- Avoid storing in hot, humid and direct sunlight as lacquer may discolor.
- Do not polish with a coarse cloth or abrasive as it may cause scratches.
- Lacquer may get irritated depending on your constitution. If you feel any abnormality, discontinue use and consult a doctor.
- Keep out of reach of infants.