This chic magnet is made of authentic Shigaraki ware in the shape of a button.
Finished with a simple glaze and fired to perfection, this earthy magnet embodies the Japanese sense of wabi-sabi, or the beauty of rustic simplicity.
Shigaraki Ware Button Magnets are manufactured by Meizan Gama, one of the world’s oldest ceramics companies.
They have been firing Shigaraki ware in the town of Koka since 1622, and put great care into their choice of clay and glaze to craft these unique button-shaped magnets.
The Shigaraki Ware Button Magnet is strong enough to hold lightly magnetic objects with ease, and makes for an excellent pincushion or needle rest. It can also be used as a stylish paperweight or as a decorative magnet.
Shigaraki Ware Button Magnet / Meizan Gama
Producing Region : Shiga
Shigaraki ware made by Meizan Gama, a pottery manufacturer in Koka City, Shiga Prefecture, founded in 1622.
Shigaraki ware is characterized by its earthy taste that evokes both simplicity and intensity. The tasteful appearance of Shigaraki ware is associated with the spirit of “wabi-sabi,” which has given rise to many masterpieces of tea ceremony utensils. At Meizan Gama, skilled artisans continue to produce warm works of art while dealing with the living thing called clay.
※All measurements are for reference. Please note in advance that the actual dimensions and weight of the product may slightly vary.
- Pottery absorbs water, and even if the same technique is used, each piece may be fired differently due to climate, soil, and natural minerals in the glaze.
Please enjoy it as a texture.
- Please use away from things that are affected by magnetism, such as personal computers, mobile phones, and electronic devices.
- There are stainless steel products that will not stick to the magnetic force of the spool.
- Please note that rubber tends to break when friction is applied.
- Dropping or impacting the product may cause damage.
- Keep out of reach of infants.