This durable, spool-shaped pin holder contains a strong magnet to store pins, needles, and paperclips neatly. Fired at a low temperature by expert craftsmen, Hasami Magnetic Pin Holders boast a luster and texture reminiscent of ancient pottery and embody the wabi-sabi spirit of simple, rustic elegance. Each pin holder is finished with a colorful glaze to resemble a real spool of thread.
We collaborated with the ceramics company Ishimaru Togei of Hasami to create this exquisite piece. The town of Hasami in Nagasaki Prefecture has a 400-year history of producing the highest-quality ceramics, which are collectively known as Hasami ware.
The spool’s strong magnet holds metal objects securely both on the inside and the exterior, and can be used to pick up dropped pins directly from your workstation. The spool is lined with soft felt to protect pin and needles from damage by contact with the ceramic base. A smart and sophisticated way to organize your workspace or desk.
Hasami Magnetic Pin Holder / Ishimaru Togei Co. Ltd.
Producing Region : Nagasaki
Hasami ware, with its 400-year history, has been actively manufactured since the Edo period, and has been popular among many people as a general-purpose tableware.
Cohana has collaborated with Ishimaru Togei Co. Ltd. which was established in 1948 and has a kiln in Hasami-cho.
※All measurements are for reference. Please note in advance that the actual dimensions and weight of the product may slightly vary.
- Pottery absorbs water, and even if the same technique is used, each piece may be fired differently due to the effects of climate, soil, and natural minerals in the glaze. Please enjoy it as a texture.
- Please use away from things that are affected by magnetism, such as personal computers, mobile phones, and electronic devices.
- There are stainless steel products that will not stick to the magnetic force of the spool.
- Dropping or impacting the product may cause damage.
- Keep out of reach of infants.