These beautiful small scissors are perfect for detailed cutting work such as quilting or embroidery.
The blades are created by Hasegawa Cutlery, a manufacturer of edged tools established in 1933 and located in Seki, Japan’s foremost cutlery-making town. Blades are forged and hand-fitted by master craftsmen for a sharp edge and a smooth, hitch-free cutting experience.
With handles decorated by our partners at Ehara Lacquer Works of Nagoya, each set of scissors displays the elegance of traditional Buddhist lacquerware typically reserved for temples. Smooth-fitting and easy to use, the warm lacquer handles are as functional as they are beautiful.
Brown shears are finished with the lacquer technique Tamenuri, where two coats of transparent lacquer are layered over a base of vermillion.
Each set of scissors comes in a leather case with a gilt tassel, protected by a cloth wrapping. The cloth can be used as a cleaning cloth for the lacquered handles. With proper maintenance they should last a lifetime.
Small Scissors with Lacquered Handles / Ehara Lacquer Works ×Hasegawa Cutlery Co., Ltd.
Producing Regions : Aichi × Gifu
Lacquer factory founded in 1970 in Nagoya City, Aichi Prefecture.
They mainly make lacquer items and Buddhist altars for temples and households.
In recent years, they have been producing various lacquered works other than traditional Buddhist altars.
【Hasegawa Cutlery】Seki City, Gifu
A cutlery manufacturer established in 1933 in Seki City, Gifu Prefecture, one of Japan’s leading cutlery towns.
The reliable quality was born from the outstanding technology and abundant knowledge cultivated through history. Their products have pleasant sharpness that cannot be found anywhere else.
※All measurements are for reference. Please note in advance that the actual dimensions and weight of the product may slightly vary.
- The blades are sharp, so please handle with care.
- If the scissors get wet, wipe off well to prevent rusting.
- Forcibly cutting hard objects can cause the blade to engage poorly or damage the blade.
- Dropping or impacting the product may cause damage.
- Store in a case after use.
- The case is made of genuine leather and may stretch slightly. Getting wet with water or sweat may cause the color to fade or stain.
- Please use the provided cleaner cloth to gently wipe off grease and fingerprints if you are concerned about them.
- Avoid storing in hot, humid and direct sunlight as lacquer may discolor.
- Do not polish with a coarse cloth or abrasive as it may cause scratches.
- Lacquer may get irritated depending on your constitution. If you feel any abnormality, discontinue use and consult a doctor.
- Keep out of reach of infants.