Small Brass Spool / Takatsuji Mfg. Co. Ltd.× MARIMO
Producing Regions : Toyama × Fukuoka
This unique brass spool is a miniature version of traditional wooden Odamaki spools, which were used for weaving in preindustrial Japan.
The spool is cast and polished in Takaoka Seisakusho Co., Toyama, a city with a 400-year history of high-quality metalworking. At 5 mm square, the Brass Odamaki Spool is the epitome of excellent craftsmanship and characteristic Japanese precision.
Silk thread is hand-wound by Marimo Studio, a silk specialist in Fukuoka Prefecture, and can be used in any sewing project.
You can rewind your favorite thread onto the spool! The end of the thread can be inserted into the notch. The brass spool can also function as a pen rest and a paperweight.
Can be used as a pen rest.
The end of the thread can be fixed by inserting it into the notch between the strut and the upper cross.
※All measurements are for reference. Please note in advance that the actual dimensions and weight of the product may slightly vary.
- As the brass ages, the color becomes darker and the texture increases as it is used. If you want to restore the original shine, polish it with a metal abrasive, metal polish, or a polishing cloth.
- Do not leave it on water or acidic materials. It may discolor. In rare cases, green rust and green rust may occur. It is non-toxic and harmless, but if you are concerned, clean it as follows. Please apply the same amount of salt mixed with vinegar to a cloth and rub it directly on the place where green rust is occurring to polish it off. After that, wash it and dry it well.
- When using as a dressmaking text Do not place it directly on the fabric or slide it on the fabric. It may cause the fabric to tear or transfer color.
- As a characteristic of silk thread, it may fade or discolor due to friction, humidity and ultraviolet rays.
- The end of the thread can be fixed by inserting it into the notch between the strut and the upper cross.
- Please note that dropping or giving an impact may cause damage.
- Keep out of reach of infants.